Martha married Henry KLEMM, son of Johann Conradt KLEMM and Susannah GREENWOOD, on 30 Jun 1825 in Butler County, Ohio.1 (Henry KLEMM was born in 1788 in Kentucky and died in 1855 in Mound, Warren County, Indiana.)
Himmelright, Estella Mae Clem, The Descendants of Johann and Susannah Klemm (Clem) and Allied Starr and Robertson Families (The descendants of Johann and Susannah Klemm (Clem) and allied Starr and Robertson families. Danville, Ill.: Genealogical Records Committee, Governor Bradford Chapter, Daughters of American Revolution, 1956.
). Surety: 3. Between 1807 and 1812, Johann Klemm moved his family to Butler County, Ohio, settled on 120 acres about five miles northeast and west of Hamilton, Ohio. He died April 18, 1827, leaving a will which he made in 1822. I have a photostat of this will and also a copy of the inventory of his personal property.
He willed his property to his "beloved wife, Susannah" and the "right of soil" to his sons. He mentioned his daughters, but did not give any of his children's names in [his] will, but I found at the courthouse in Hamilton, Ohio, where his eight sons had disposed of the 120 acres after his death. Here are the names of the children and whom they married:
1. George Clem, m. Mary Curry, Jan 14, 1808.
2. John Clem, Jr., m. Nancy Wood, Feb 8, 1810.
3. Barbara Clem, m. William Wood, March 1, 1810.
4. Henry Clem, 2nd. m. Martha Carmichael, June 30, 1825; 1st m. Isabella Hancock, April 2, 1812.
5. Jacob Clem, m. Rebecca Hill, June 5, 1818.
6. Susannah Clem, m. James Harper, March 18, 1819.
7. Samuel Clem, m. Nancy Hountz, October 4, 1821.
8. David Clem, m. Keziah Jones, April 17, 1828.
9. Nancy Clem, m. John Rickart, June 15, 1820.
10. Michael Clem, m. Jane ?, ?.
11. Peter Clem, m. Isabella ?, ?.