Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
L'HOMME, Michel 1
- Born: 9 Jul 1661, Chateau Richer, Quebec, Canada
- Christened: 10 Jul 1661, Chateau Richer, Quebec, Canada
- Died: 27 Apr 1688, Neuville, Quebec, Canada at age 26
Meilleur, Viateur [translated by Simone Bernier Meilleur], Meilleur Family Genealogy (Publishing info unknown). Surety: 3. The report would be incomplete if we did not stop a moment on the prior occurrences of Sara Cousseau, mother of Marie-Barbe Valade, wife of Jacques LeMeilleur:
Marie-Barbe Valade had for father: André Valade, carrier or messenger of St-Nicolas de La Rochelle, and for mother, Sara Cousseau, widow of Samuel Bertrand; she died from "hérésie" at St-Nicolas on September 27, 1685, and was buried at the same place at the age of 95, July 25, 1691. She had nine children. Married at the Temple on October 26, 1625 to Samuel Bertrand, "saulnier" the contract was passed by Cousseau (not.), on September 2, in the presence of David Pépin, one o the peers of LaRochelle ad Great-uncle of the intended wife. In 1630, she remarried André Valade, Marie-Barbe's father; future bride of Michel L'Homme and Jacques LeMeilleur.
Married at Québec August 19, 1658 to Michel L'Homme, son of Michel and of Marie Simon de Bonnetable, dioceses of Mans, Maine, with him she had eight children, of which Jacques LeMeilleur brought up as his own, here are their names:
l. Pierre b around 1659 died - 1681
2. Michel b 9 Baptised 10/7/1661 Château-Richer d 27/4/1688 Neuville m Marie MARCOT (Nicolas & Martine Tovrey, rem 1688 Pierre Lefebvre) without posterity.
3. Marie b 10 baptised 11/11/1663 Château-Richer buried 8/4/1730 Lachine at 70 years. m(1) 1679 Pierre LEMAY dit LAROSE (Léonard & Marguerite Meny, from Salon-la-Tour, Limoges, buried 8/10/1680 Montréal garrison) one son.
m(2) 1680, Nicolas OZANNE (André & Louise Desmarets, from St-Sever, Rouen, Normandy, d 23/11/1705 Lachine, servant of Nicolas Hebert, confirmed 25/5/1676 Montréal (master- slater) 4 children
m(3) Lachine 1705 Claude SANSART dit LEPETTTPICARD (Claude & Marie Chénier, de Lormont or Cormont, Picardie, rem 1730 Marie-Anne Hard dit Prévost) without posterity, adopted a child: Guillaume b around 1699 buried 15/4/1711 Lachine at 12 years.
4. Romain baptised 24/6/1666 Château-Richer d 18/3/1685 Chambly m 1684 Marie-Thérèse DROUET (Mathurin & Marie Bardou, d 18/3/1685 without posterity.
5. Adrien b 4 L'Ange-Gardien baptised 19/1/1669 Château-Richer died bef. 1681.
6. Barbe b (3/7/1670 Sillery d 26/8/1711 Hôtel-Dieu, Québec, from Charlesbourg m Neuville 1690 Jean DE LAVOYE or LAVOIE (Pierre & Jacquette Grinon. Soldier from the Chambly garrison in 1690) 6 children.
7. Marie-Madeleine b 13 baptised 18/10/1673 Sillery m 1706 François POITEVIN (Jean & Madeleine GUILLODEAU, died 11 buried 12/11/1715 Québec, shoemaker widow Françoise Morel who had given him 6 children) 5 children, rem 1716 Thomas SHOULDOM or CHELDAM (Thomas & Marie Couvée or Caurée, from London, England, journalist in the high city of Québec) without posterity.
8. François-Joseph b côte de la Ferté at St-Augustin bap. 23/1/1676 Québec d 31/7 buried 1/8/1676 Québec. (Posthumous).