Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
(Abt 1585-Abt 1585)
GOLLOP, Humphrey 1
- Born: Abt 1585, North Bowood, Dorset, England
- Died: Abt 1585, North Bowood, Dorset, England
Gallup, John D., The Genealogical History of the Gallup Family in the United States; also Biographical Sketches of Members of the Family (Press of the Hartford Printing Company: Hartford, CT. 1893), p. 10. Surety: 3. Thomas Gollop, who in minority was placed under the guardianship of Sir Giles Strangeways, being then possessed of Strode, North Bowood and Temple. He married Agnes, daughter of Humphrey Watkins, of Holwell, in Somersetshire, and had issue:
1. Giles, Fellow of New College, Oxford, who not conforming to the change of religion in Queen Elizabeth's time, resigned his fellowship, and, traveling through Spain to Rome, died there.
2. Humphrey, who died s.p.
3. Thomas, of whom presently [see son, Thomas]
4. John, father of John of Mostern.
5. George, of Southampton.
He died in 1610, having made nearly an equal division of his estates, Strode, Bowood, etc., amongst his sons...