Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
|GOLLOP, Thomas Esquire
GOLLOP, Thomas Esquire 1 2
- Born: Abt 1587, North Bowood, Dorset, England
- Died: 1623, Strode, Dorset, England about age 36
Gallup, John D., The Genealogical History of the Gallup Family in the United States; also Biographical Sketches of Members of the Family (Press of the Hartford Printing Company: Hartford, CT. 1893), p. 10. Surety: 3. Thomas Gollop, who in minority was placed under the guardianship of Sir Giles Strangeways, being then possessed of Strode, North Bowood and Temple. He married Agnes, daughter of Humphrey Watkins, of Holwell, in Somersetshire, and had issue:
1. Giles, Fellow of New College, Oxford, who not conforming to the change of religion in Queen Elizabeth's time, resigned his fellowship, and, traveling through Spain to Rome, died there.
2. Humphrey, who died s.p.
3. Thomas, of whom presently [see son, Thomas]
4. John, father of John of Mostern.
5. George, of Southampton.
He died in 1610, having made nearly an equal division of his estates, Strode, Bowood, etc., amongst his sons...
Ibid, p. 10. Surety: 3. Thomas Gollop, Esq., of Strode, etc., married Frances, daughter of George Poulet, of Holborn, in the county of Dorset, and grandson of Lord Thomas Powlet, son of William, the first marquis of Winchester, and, dying in 1623, was succeeded by his son, Thomas.