Joseph married Margaret GALLUP, daughter of Captain John GALLUP and Elizabeth Hannah LAKE. (Margaret GALLUP was born about 1668 in Stonington, New London County, Connecticut.)
Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Founding of a Nation, Volume 1 (New York, NY: Lewis Publishing Company, 1911). Surety: 4. He [Capt. John Gallup] married, in 1643, at Boston, Elizabeth Hannah, daughter of John and Margaret Lake, and granddaughter of Edmund Read, Esq., of Wickford, county Essex, England. Her mother was sister of Elizabeth Read, who married John Winthrop, Jr., governor of Connecticut. Children: Hannah, born at Boston, September 14, 1644; John, mentioned below; Esther, born at Taunton, Massachusetts, March 24, 1653; Benadam, at Stonington, 1655; William, 1658; Samuel; Christobel, married, December 31, 1677, Peter Crary, of Groton; Elizabeth, married Henry Stevens, of Stonington; Mary, married John Cole, of Boston; Margaret, married Joseph Culver, of Groton.
Gallup, John D., The Genealogical History of the Gallup Family in the United States; also Biographical Sketches of Members of the Family (Press of the Hartford Printing Company: Hartford, CT. 1893), p. 22. Surety: 3. Children: [of John Gallup and Hannah Lake]
6. Hannah, b. at Boston, Sept. 14, 1644. m. Steven Gifford of Norwich, Ct., June 18, 1672.
7. John, b.
8. Esther, b. N. London, Mch. 24, 1653. m. Henry Hodges of Taunton, Dec. 17, 1674.
9. Benadam, b. Stonington, 1655.
10. William, b. 1658.
12. Christobel, m. Peter Crary of Groton, Dec. 31, 1677.
13. Elizabeth, m. Henry Stevens of Stonington.
14. Mary, m. John Cole, schoolmaster of Boston.
15. Margaret, m. Joseph Culver of Groton.