Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
GALLUP, Christobel 2 3 4
- Born: 1662, New London, Connecticut
- Marriage: CRARY, Peter on 31 Dec 1677 in Groton, New London, Connecticut 1
- Died: 17 Sep 1754, Plainfield, Connecticut at age 92
- Buried: Whitehall Burying Ground, Mystic River, Connecticut
Christobel married Peter CRARY, son of Christopher MACCRARY and Margaret, on 31 Dec 1677 in Groton, New London, Connecticut.1 (Peter CRARY was born about 1645 in Glasgow or Northumberland, Scotland, died on 24 Oct 1708 in Groton, New London, Connecticut and was buried in Whitehall Burying Ground, Mystic River, Connecticut.)
Barbour, Lucious Barnes, Connecticut Town Marriage Records, Barbour Collection (New London Vital Records Part I - 1646-1854), p. 114. Surety: 4. Peter [Crary], m. Christobel GALLUP, Dec. [ , 1677].
The Compendium of American Genealogy, 1600s-1800s: Volume V, Lineage Records, page 402. Surety: 4. "Christobel, m. 1677 Peter Crary (d. 1708), from Eng., 1663; settled at Groton, Conn."
Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Founding of a Nation, Volume 1 (New York, NY: Lewis Publishing Company, 1911). Surety: 4. He [Capt. John Gallup] married, in 1643, at Boston, Elizabeth Hannah, daughter of John and Margaret Lake, and granddaughter of Edmund Read, Esq., of Wickford, county Essex, England. Her mother was sister of Elizabeth Read, who married John Winthrop, Jr., governor of Connecticut. Children: Hannah, born at Boston, September 14, 1644; John, mentioned below; Esther, born at Taunton, Massachusetts, March 24, 1653; Benadam, at Stonington, 1655; William, 1658; Samuel; Christobel, married, December 31, 1677, Peter Crary, of Groton; Elizabeth, married Henry Stevens, of Stonington; Mary, married John Cole, of Boston; Margaret, married Joseph Culver, of Groton.
Gallup, John D., The Genealogical History of the Gallup Family in the United States; also Biographical Sketches of Members of the Family (Press of the Hartford Printing Company: Hartford, CT. 1893), p. 22. Surety: 3. Children: [of John Gallup and Hannah Lake]
6. Hannah, b. at Boston, Sept. 14, 1644. m. Steven Gifford of Norwich, Ct., June 18, 1672.
7. John, b.
8. Esther, b. N. London, Mch. 24, 1653. m. Henry Hodges of Taunton, Dec. 17, 1674.
9. Benadam, b. Stonington, 1655.
10. William, b. 1658.
12. Christobel, m. Peter Crary of Groton, Dec. 31, 1677.
13. Elizabeth, m. Henry Stevens of Stonington.
14. Mary, m. John Cole, schoolmaster of Boston.
15. Margaret, m. Joseph Culver of Groton.